An OUTSTANDING, crystallized example of the rich "champagne" color Petalite from a find in Myanmar (Burma) within the last few years. We picked this piece up from a good friend of ours who came into the room in Tucson. My jaw dropped when I saw this specimen as it was not only one of the finest Burmese Petalites I've seen, but literally one of the finest gem crystals of Petalite extant. Most of the Petalites from this locality are small, and rather etched, and rarely found in such large and impressive crystallized examples. Not only is this crystal over 2 inches in length, it's also stout and has remarkably SMOOTH and LUSTROUS monoclininc form. If that weren't enough, the color is as rich as it gets for the material, and the upper half of the crystal is WATER-CLEAR and would easily yield a tremendous and valuable faceted stone. I honestly don't know how this crystal survived the cutting wheel as almost everything mined in Burma is evaluated for gem rough value first, and specimen value is second. The crystal is complete on the front with a beautiful termination, but it did not finish crystallizing on the back, so it's incomplete on the other side. It still does not take away from the world-class quality of the crystal. If you have ever seen Petalites from localities in Brazil or Afghanistan, you know they can be rough looking, whitish colored and rarely gemmy let alone GEM QUALITY like this amazing crystal. Even compared to all other Burmese Petalites I've seen, this one stands above the rest as the finest example of the material that we've had to offer. How often does one see Petalite with this color with any form of crystallization, and in such a ridiculously large crystal? It should be noted that this crystal does a slight color change in different temperature lighting as it can shift from the golden "champagne" hue to more of a greenish overtone. Do not miss out on this one, unlike Tourmaline, Beryl or Topaz, this is a magnificent example of a non-pegmatite gem crystal specimen that few collectors have in their collections, especially in such fine quality.
Locality: Palelni mine ("Kat Chay mine"), Khetchel village (Cache village; Khat Che village), Molo quarter, Momeik Township, Kyaukme District, Shan State, Myanmar (Burma)
Specimen Size: 5.3 x 3.7 x 3.4 cm (small cabinet)
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- North America : 2 - 5 business days
- Europe : 7 - 14 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 10 - 20 business days
- Asia Pacific : 7 - 14 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Last updated 3 July 2022.
Additionally, I will make every reasonable effort to inform you when I interact with third parties with your information; however, you are solely responsible for reviewing, understanding, and agreeing to or not agreeing to any third-party privacy policies.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information from time to time if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I collect, use and share your information in several legally-permissible ways, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide you with customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list or to receive notifications from me;
- If necessary to comply with a court order or legal obligation, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Protecting my customers’ personal information is crucially important to my business and something I take very seriously. For these reasons, I share your personal information only for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- With Third-Party Service Providers. I engage the following trusted third parties to perform functions and provider services to my shop:
Google Analytics, which helps me understand how visitors browse Mineral Classics. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
USPS, to deliver your order
FedEx, to deliver your order
QuickBooks, to do my books and taxes
Constant Contact, to send emails and newsletters
I share you personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services;
- In the Event of a Business Transfer. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- In Compliance with Laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that doing so is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) perform legal obligations to which I am bound by agreements; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
How Long I Store Your Information
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction has. If I am required to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. Your rights are as follows:
- Right to Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Right to Change, Restrict, or Delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (such as where I am required to store information for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon your request.
- Right to Object. You can object to (a) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (b) receiving marketing messages from me. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue storing and using your information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Right to Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
You may reach me with any concerns relating to privacy at email@example.com , or by mail at my physical address PO Box 620982 Littleton, CO 80126 United States addressed to Brian Kosnar Mineral Classics.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Angela Kosnar, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.