A fantastic miniature display specimen of the famous Fluorapatite specimens from Panasqueira, Portugal from the collection of my father, Richard Kosnar. This locality dates back over a century to 1896 and is actually still active today! The Apatites from this area are among the most recognizable and desirable for the species as the wide range of colors, along with their beautiful form, have made them a favorite among collectors for decades. Many of the Apatites from this area can have a "muddy" green hue, but it's the blue crystals that are rare and sought after by collectors.
This piece is a wonderful miniature display specimen featuring superb quality, razor-sharp, highly lustrous, gemmy, thick silvery-blue color tabular hexagonal crystals measuring up to 3.2 cm across. The specimen has excellent three-dimensional form with great aesthetics. There are a few minor nicks, as is often the case with this material, but the outstanding luster, color and sharpness of the crystals outweighs any trivial dings. Not only is the piece showy on the display side, but it's actually crystallized underneath with minor associated golden Siderite rhombs. Oddly enough, this piece turns green in SUNLIGHT, and shows its best blue color under fluorescent bulbs. This piece dates back nearly 50 years and was originally in my father's collection in the early 1970s and remained with us until we recently decided to sell it. There are not nearly as many Apatites from Panasqueira on the market as there was years ago, and pieces like this stand out as some of the finest examples of Flourapatite extant.
ex Richard A. Kosnar collection
Locality: Panasqueira, Covilha, Castelo Branco District, Portugal
Specimen Size: 4.7 x 3.7 x 3.5 cm (miniature)
Largest Crystal: 3.2 cm
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- North America : 2 - 5 business days
- Europe : 7 - 14 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 10 - 20 business days
- Asia Pacific : 7 - 14 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Last updated 3 July 2022.
Additionally, I will make every reasonable effort to inform you when I interact with third parties with your information; however, you are solely responsible for reviewing, understanding, and agreeing to or not agreeing to any third-party privacy policies.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information from time to time if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I collect, use and share your information in several legally-permissible ways, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide you with customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list or to receive notifications from me;
- If necessary to comply with a court order or legal obligation, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Protecting my customers’ personal information is crucially important to my business and something I take very seriously. For these reasons, I share your personal information only for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- With Third-Party Service Providers. I engage the following trusted third parties to perform functions and provider services to my shop:
Google Analytics, which helps me understand how visitors browse Mineral Classics. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
USPS, to deliver your order
FedEx, to deliver your order
QuickBooks, to do my books and taxes
Constant Contact, to send emails and newsletters
I share you personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services;
- In the Event of a Business Transfer. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- In Compliance with Laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that doing so is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) perform legal obligations to which I am bound by agreements; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
How Long I Store Your Information
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction has. If I am required to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. Your rights are as follows:
- Right to Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Right to Change, Restrict, or Delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (such as where I am required to store information for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon your request.
- Right to Object. You can object to (a) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (b) receiving marketing messages from me. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue storing and using your information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Right to Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
You may reach me with any concerns relating to privacy at firstname.lastname@example.org , or by mail at my physical address PO Box 620982 Littleton, CO 80126 United States addressed to Brian Kosnar Mineral Classics.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Angela Kosnar, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com.