This specimen is from the recent finds in the Machacamarca mining district in Bolivia. It is not from the typical Bolivian locality at the Unificada mine in Potosi. Phosphophyllite is one of the most rare and beautiful species in the mineral world, and arguably, the one most desirable phosphate species extant. It is not only highly sought after, but in recent years has been dubbed the "Holy Grail" of mineral species for collectors. Many collectors and dealers alike treasure this species for its immense scarcity and immeasurable combination of form and color. There are only a few localities in the world in which fine quality crystals of Phosphophyllite occur. The type locality is in Hagendorf, Germany, where the crystals rarely exceeded 6 mm in length. Over 50 years ago a second, and much more significant discovery was made in Potosi, Bolivia. This find produced some of the most spectacular, intense blue-green color, "butterfly"-twinned crystals up to 15 cm on matrix !! A second important locality for Phosphophyllite has since been discovered in Bolivia, and it did a great deal to bolster the number of Phosphophyllites on the market. This particular piece features dozens of exceptionally rare, fairly sharp, translucent, green color (partially iron-coated), euhedral crystals with classic "butterfly"-twins. The twins on this specimen are some of the largest I’ve seen from the locality, and this particular piece was one that I held back when I first purchased these specimens in anticipation that more were on the way. Sadly, very little followed, so I decided to take out this beauty and put it up for sale. It goes without saying that specimens of Phosphophyllite with crystals this size can be exceptionally pricey in some cases. We have all seen pieces in the past offered for many, many thousands of dollars, although this piece is not of the same calibre. It is however a good quality display specimen from a very exciting new find, which hopefully could one day produce specimens of the same size and quality as those from Unificada ! Please note that specimens of Phosphophyllite simply are NOT seen in today's market, in ANY format. Do not miss out on this piece as few seem to have been found, and very little is coming out if any at all right now.
Locality: Huayllani mine, Infiernillos mine, Huayllani, Machacamarca District, Saavedra Province, Potosi Department, Bolivia (new locality for Phosphophyllite in Bolivia)
Specimen Size: 3.3 x 2.1 x 1.7 cm (miniature)
Largest Crystal: 2.3 cm
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- North America : 2 - 5 business days
- Europe : 7 - 14 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 10 - 20 business days
- Asia Pacific : 7 - 14 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Questions about your order?
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Last updated 3 July 2022.
Additionally, I will make every reasonable effort to inform you when I interact with third parties with your information; however, you are solely responsible for reviewing, understanding, and agreeing to or not agreeing to any third-party privacy policies.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information from time to time if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I collect, use and share your information in several legally-permissible ways, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide you with customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list or to receive notifications from me;
- If necessary to comply with a court order or legal obligation, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Protecting my customers’ personal information is crucially important to my business and something I take very seriously. For these reasons, I share your personal information only for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- With Third-Party Service Providers. I engage the following trusted third parties to perform functions and provider services to my shop:
Google Analytics, which helps me understand how visitors browse Mineral Classics. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
USPS, to deliver your order
FedEx, to deliver your order
QuickBooks, to do my books and taxes
Constant Contact, to send emails and newsletters
I share you personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services;
- In the Event of a Business Transfer. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- In Compliance with Laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that doing so is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) perform legal obligations to which I am bound by agreements; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
How Long I Store Your Information
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction has. If I am required to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. Your rights are as follows:
- Right to Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Right to Change, Restrict, or Delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (such as where I am required to store information for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon your request.
- Right to Object. You can object to (a) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (b) receiving marketing messages from me. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue storing and using your information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Right to Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
You may reach me with any concerns relating to privacy at email@example.com , or by mail at my physical address PO Box 620982 Littleton, CO 80126 United States addressed to Brian Kosnar Mineral Classics.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Angela Kosnar, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.